We know how to craft the perfect El Salvador itinerary because... well... we are travel pros! Take it from us and let us save you the monotonous trip-planning time - just follow the guidelines below and viola! Dream trip, scored.
Day 1 - Realize How Annoying Luggage Is
- Stumble mega-awkwardly with your overpacked bags out the airport doors for your first glimpse of the awesomeness that is El Salvador.
- Meet your friendly AST guide and sail down the streets to Las Flores (keep yourself busy by asking your driver a million questions)
- Hurriedly catapult your heavy bags in your comfy room.
- Run as fast as humanly possible down to the sparkly black sand beach and fall face first into the toasty ocean.
- Dry off for your first authentic Salvadorian dinner, follow with drinks in the pool while watching the sunset.
Day 2 - Ride The Waves, Bro
- Mix some sunrise in your coffee - get a moment to yourself while the rest of your party slumbers.
- Tackle the morning with surf lessons, or if you're already proficient, take a few 150 yard long Las Flores rollers all by yourself.
- Recharge by sway on one of the many hammocks lining the property.
- Lunch - try some of the sustainably sourced fish, or fresh ceviche and crispy crackers.
- Unwind and bust out some OHMS with afternoon beach yoga,
- Explore the town of El Cuco - visit a local pupuseria and try all the variations of these heavenly stuffed pockets of meaty goodness.
Day 3 - Why Am I So Sore?
- Mix some sunrise in your coffee - get a moment to yourself while the rest of your party sleeps
- Fuel up with a heavy homemade breakfast and boat over to Punta Mango - get a serious round of surf in under the care of your trusty guide.
- Pass out in a hammock - get a few pages into that book you've been meaning to read.
- Your sore body probably hates you by now, so a relaxing massage in town is a must.
- Dinner and games - acquaint yourselves with the rest of the inhabitants and play a round of cards at the communal dinner table.
Day 4 - Room Swap
- Watch your last pink sunrise in Las Flores, caravan up to La Libertad (continue asking your guide millions of questions.)
- Throw your annoying bags into an air conditioned room and zoom down the street to the excitement on the fishing pier. Get familiar with your surroundings and peruse the town a bit, check out the marketplaces.
- Buy your mom a magnet.
- Pick your poison - jump in for a mellow afternoon surf at La Paz, or walk down the point to the more powerful, world-class Punta Roca.
- Run back and forth between AST restaurants La Terraza and Tsunami trying to decide which view is better. Give up and have a relaxing drink at each.
Day 5 - Adventure Time
- Wake up ridiculously early and depart for your ultra fantastic tour of El Salvador!
- Cruise up the coast to Juayua and jump off of roaring waterfalls (asking your guide... yep... a million more questions.)
- Wander about the towering Mayan Ruins feeling quite small.
- Hike up a volcano without falling in.
- Have ALL the pupusas in the cool little town of El Tunco on the way back from your adventures.
- Pass out in your bed in about 2.5 seconds (after a cold beer.)
Day 6 - Sob
- Pop out of bed with a coffee for your last surf out front of AST.
- Walk along the beach feeling really sad and not wanting to leave.
- Pack your things and say your goodbyes to all your new amazing friends.
- "Miss" your flight and stay a few extra days, because you'll be glad you did.