Effortless travel is what we all want, limiting thought and looking to maximize our time away from home. The Nicaragua Discovery tour is exactly what you are looking for with local guides, amazing destinations daily and indulging in the best Nicaragua has to offer. You will see in two weeks what most will never see, Leon, Managua, Granada, Ometpe, and the Corn Islands in the Caribbean. This tour is extremely cultural, relaxing and most of all inspiring. Nicaragua is the safest country in Central America, you will feel the love from the locals and debate tearing up your ticket home daily.
More Info on Trip Inclusions
- Private transportation to all destinations.
- Domestic flight tickets Ometepe Island to San Carlos
- Domestic round trip flight from Managua to Corn Island
Local bilingual tour guide for the activities.
Lodging at described hotels in double room.
- Meals described on the itinerary.
Tours and activities described on the itinerary.
All entrances fees.
- Not Included:
- International Flights
- Tourist Card ($10 payable at your arrival in the airport)
- Insurance (We highly recommend to purchase a travel protection plan)
- Personal Expenses
- Optional Activities
- Other meals not specified
- Alcoholic beverages
Day 1Managua – International Airport – León
- After arriving at the International Airport you will be welcomed by our tour guide who will
- After breakfast, we’ll drive you to Ron Flor de Caña Distillery to know everything about the history and the process of the Rum in Nicaragua. Right after such an interesting history we’ll continue exploring the city of León that boasts the largest church in Central America, let’s take a tour of the city visiting the most emblematic monuments such as the Cathedral.
- After breakfast we move to Masaya in a day trip visiting the gorgeous view of Apoyo Lagoon at Catarina viewpoint, also Masaya Volcano National Park, the most active volcano in the country. Before getting to Catarina, we will pass by “Los Pueblos Blancos” these are small towns with lots of legends, mystery and culture of the local people.
Day 4Granada – Masaya – Granada
- After breakfast you will start the city tour visiting the landmarks of Granada such as the central park, the cathedral, San Francisco Museum, the Old rail station and Elba Cigars Factory. In the afternoon you will enjoy a marvelous tour at the Choco Museum Workshops to create your own chocolate.
- This morning you will visit Mombacho Volcano located about 15 minutes away of the city, you’ll enjoy trekking for about an hour in the trails of this rain forest Natural Reserve. You’ll also jump in an adventure Zip lining at the Volcano.
Day 6Granada – Ometepe Island
- From Granada we travel to San Jorge Port to take the ferry for about an hour and arrive at the biggest island in Nicaragua: Ometepe Island. This island in the middle of Lake Nicaragua is composed for two volcanoes.
Day 7Ometepe Island – San Juan del Sur
- During this day we ́ll take a tour around the island visiting, museums with indigenous remains, petroglyphs, spring waters, the main towns in the island and beaches your will enjoy the charm of its people and the magic of this place. In the afternoon we depart to San Juan del Sur
Day 8-9San Juan del Sur
- After breakfast we will go to San Juan del Sur and take you to El Cristo de la Misericordia viewpoint to admire the view of the Bay in the Pacific Ocean. Then we will take you to the town to visit the central park and the church. You’ll have a free afternoon. At night there are many options to enjoy the nightlife at restaurants, bars or discotheques in this fisher town
Day 10-12San Juan del Sur – Big Corn Island
- You’ll take a domestic flight to Corn Island. One of the most beautiful Caribbean Paradise in Nicaragua. A local tour guide will take you to know the highlights of the Island to learn about local gastronomy and the culture of the people. Also you’ll go on a day trip to different snorkeling sites to enjoy the undersea view and then you’ll have free time to explore the island or relax
Day 13Big Corn Island – Managua
- This day you’ll back to Managua
- You’ll the shuttle to the airport to take you flight back home